In this post, I would like to talk about several things, such as -
- Types of diabetes;
- People who are at a risk to have diabetes;
- Warning signs of the disease;
- Preventing and treating diabetes.
The next thing I wanted the address is – who is at risk to have diabetes?
(1) Type one. Often it is family history; genetics. If someone has diseases of the Pancreas, or any infection or illness that can damage your Pancreas can cause type on diabetes. Although chances are if you didn’t have it in your childhood, you won’t get it after initial adolescence.
(2) Type two. The leading cause for this (according to research studies in the U.S) is obesity among teenagers. High blood pressure and low levels of HDL are proven causes as well. And, you may be at risk if you exercise three times a week or less. Type two is the most common out of the three.
What are some of the signs? Headaches, increased thirst and hunger, dry mouth, unexplained fatigue and weight loss – even blurred vision. Although these symptoms are also common symptoms for many other things, such as stress. If you have any of the mentioned symptoms, don’t panic. Have you been under a lot of stress lately? Or perhaps you always have been? If you panic, the symptoms will become more pronounced. And it isn’t necessarily diabetes. If you are concerned that it may be one of the types, you can talk to a doctor.
The last thing I want to discuss is, how do you prevent and treat this? Exercise and a healthy diet are proven to be the best course of action for both treating, and to help prevent Diabetes. There are some medicines to help control blood glucose levels, high blood pressure and cholesterol.
Many and really all medical professionals constantly remind us to exercise and eat right, and it can be quite enjoyable to find ways to do these things in our own lives. There are many diets to choose from – Vegan, vegetarian, calorie counting and many more. And many different forms of exercise – various sports, jogging, you could even look into a gym membership. You never know, you might just enjoy yourself…